Friday, April 15, 2016

Review: Making Amends

Making Amends Making Amends by Melinda Clayton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

•••I listened to the Audible Audio Edition of this book•••


This was an amazing performance by Michelle Babb! She brought each character to life in blaring color. I felt their pain and fear as well as their happiness and uncertainty. I was sucked into the story so completly I could not stop listening... Even when I was convinced I was not going to like where it led. I truly enjoyed the experience though I don't normally partake of anything near as tragic. She made this well worth the listen :)



‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›


What Really Matters In The End



This is a stand alone novel.


Tabby is an addict who was abused and abandoned by her mother to be shuttled around the foster system until she aged out... This did not give her any level of self worth or any skills for coping with reality or responsibility. Verne was no better... Probably worse since he was abusive and an addict as well. Finding out she was pregnant while high on cocaine made Tabby get sober. If only to protect her unborn children. Eventually she became a drunk though, until the fateful day her ex stole Bobby away from her when he was only five. She still had her "sister" Von and his twin Ricky but she alawys grieved Bobby. Missing him consumed her life... Made her be less to Ricky than he deserved. Finding out that Bobby is in Tampa, has killed his father and is under arrest has to be the biggest shock of her life since he was taken from her. Will she be able to have a successful reunion withe her missing boy? Will she be able to make amends? Or is it too late for them all?



***This book is suitable for adult readers who enjoy flawed characters struggling with a painful past and is filled with plenty of drama, horror, suspense, mystery and poignant moments :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment