Thursday, March 17, 2016

Review: Should've Known Better

Should've Known Better Should've Known Better by Cassandra Carr
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

•••I listened to the Audible Audio Edition of this book•••


Kai Kennicott and Wen Ross ’s performances are always stellar. This book was way more intense than most of the books I have listened to by them, but I am pretty sure that has something to do with the serious nature of some of the subject matter. I wish there were After School Specials like this when I was growing up! It was amazing and uplifting even when the worst things happened, due in a large part, to the true emotions conveyed by both actors as well as the great writing of the characters. I truly believe this book would not have been something I would have enjoyed even half as much without their performance. I hope the continue on in the series as they are a perfect fit!



××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××


The Math Geek And The Rookie?


This series must be listened to (or read) in order. This is the first book. I can't wait to listen to Underneath It All!


Sara is so excited to start her new job as a Statistical Analysis for The Storm. Hockey has always been her favorite sport. She (and the NHL) believe she can really make a difference in the way the team plays leading to more goals, better playing, and winning more games. She expects a bit of flak especially because she is a woman... And because she doesn't think anyone will understand exactly what she is doing. Hopefully she can make a difference and get to keep her Dream Job! What she didn't expect was a rookie hockey player to take an instant shine to her... And refuse to give up no matter how hard she tried to dissuade him. Is she ready for a relationship? Or even a big of fun? Is it worth risking both of their careers over? Can she resist him? Should she even try?


***This chicklit contemporary sports romances series is suitable for adult readers who enjoy some drama, horror and heartache and quite a bit of humor before the requisite HEA :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment