Sunday, February 7, 2016

Review: Complication

Complication Complication by K.A. Salidas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

•••I listened to the Audible Audio Edition of this book•••


I LOVE Mira! No matter who is performing her. I think Kerri does a passable job of taking over from the original narrator. I think her performance will only get better if she sticks with the series. Maybe I am spoiled. Every series I have listened to so far has kept the same narrator so it is probably that I just expected a different voice. I am sure she will grow on me :) I would be interested in other works by her. She is a good actress :)



×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××


Sanctuary Is Not For All



This series must be listened to (or read) in order. The first book is Initiation. The second book is Dissension. This is the third book. I can't wait to listen to Revolution!



Mira has escaped the Iron Gate Prison and the City of New Haven with the help of her human friend Lucian. Along for the ride are the ageing Curtis and his devoted wife Sarah. They are, all four of them, the worse for wear. They are searching for the fabled Sanctuary where they hope to be accepted and safe from the reach of the evil Magistrate and his corrupt human forces. Does Sanctuary truly exist outside of stories? Will they be able to find it? Will they be accepted if they do? Or will they be turned away? Or worse yet... Killed?



***This series is suitable for mature young adult through adult readers who enjoy post postapocalyptal dystopian supernatural fantasy horror with plenty of action, mystery, intrigue, and adventure with a dash of romance :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment