Thursday, February 25, 2016

Review: Evangeline

Evangeline Evangeline by Alexia Purdy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It All Starts Somewhere


This series must be read in order. The first book is The Withering Palace. This is the second book.

This is an awesome beginning to what I am sure will be an addictive series! Jade and Evangeline are half sisters who grew up together in a house on the edge of faerie. They are both Elemental Fire Witches with one small difference... Evie is half fey. This causes her to get Iron Sickness and migraines and to constantly cravw the woods just outside their yard... Until one day the allure is too strong for her to resist so Jade and Evie venture forth into Faerie and their fates are sealed.... They just don't know it yet.

I really liked this book and I feel it adds a much needed layer of motivation for the characters in the later books. Without reading it I believe you would miss all the subtle nuances in the later books completely! I can't wait to start Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale #1) next! This is definitely modern fantasy at its best!


***This series is suitable for adult readers who enjoy dark fantasy with a few dashes of horror and forbidden romance :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment