Monday, January 4, 2016

Review: Avow

Avow Avow by Elizabeth A. Reeves
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Short Sweet Prequel


This series must be read in order. This is the first book.


This book is more of a teaser that a short story but it is worth reading :) I would have been very confused if I had read Adrift (The Last Selkie) before I read this. Backstory is very important to any good series and this story provides it :) I really enjoyed it and had to read the next one right away :) Selkies are a very rare branch of faerie lore and it is nice to see them get their own series even if some people misunderstand them. Their one true love is the Sea and nothing can keep them from it for long.... unless you steal their pelt and hide it where they can not find it.


***This series is suitable for adult readers who enjoy contemporary fantasy with a mythological twist :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment